Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Promise For The New Year

Philippians 4:11-13 (New American Standard Bible)

 11Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.

 12I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

 13I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

God gives us the abilities and the power to do His will in every circumstance, no matter how bad or good the situation. This new year, I take hold of this promise. As 2008 taught us, we have no control over the circumstances, ultimately. How we cope with anything is the important thing. I'm glad that God has given us this "precious" promise, because what we never stop needing is strength. We need it just to get up in the morning. We don't know what 2009 will bring to our world. But we know that God works all things together for good to those who love Him. 

Also, I would like to address those, who may read this who don't know the God who controls the world. Perhaps you think that it doesn't matter what you believe about God or think that things will always be the way they are. But this is not so. 

God will bring everything into judgement when he sends His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ to judge this world for all it's evil. The tumults in the world, it's wars, famines, disasters, financial crises etc, are a sign of the coming Wrath of the Righteous Judge of all people., because of the constant violations of His Law.God has every right to punish the wicked, which means all of us, if He wanted to right now. But, God is patient. He allows time for people to heed His Gospel. And that Gospel message is that Jesus, His unique Son, came into the world to take away sins, through his blood shed. This happened on a Roman crucifix in the 1st century, "at the appointed time". It was indeed "appointed" by God, a part of his supreme plan to manifest his awesome Majesty and Glory, and to bring in His Kingdom on the earth, yet to come. 


In 2009, today if you heed this Gospel, I implore you, if you do not know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour from your sins, if you do not submit to Him as the Lord, I implore you to REPENT and TRUST in JESUS, for the forgiveness of your sins, and for the gift of eternal life in His Name. Follow Him. Nothing else really matters compared to the all surpassing greatness of knowing God in Christ. 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment